Registering a New Vehicle for the First Time
The first time you register a new vehicle, you must come into an MVDNOW Office.
- Documents to Bring to the MVDNOW to Register a New Vehicle
- Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO) – The original MCO, not a copy.
- Dealer’s Invoice – The original invoice or a certified copy of the invoice.
- Odometer Statement – One of the following:
Proof of Insurance – In New Mexico, drivers must operate their motor vehicles with a minimum of liability auto insurance. Minimum auto liability insurance amounts required in New Mexico are:
- $25,000 for bodily injury to or death of one person,
- $50,000 for bodily injury to or death of two or more persons, and
- $10,000 for property damage in any one accident.
Bring any of the following forms of proof of insurance to MVDNOW when registering your vehicle: