UNSURE WHAT TO BRING AS PROOF OF RESIDENCY?
Schedule An Appointment Or Call & We’ll Help You Get It Sorted Out! Make One Quick, Friendly Trip!
Proof Of New Mexico Residency
Whether you’re applying for a REAL ID, titling and registering your vehicle, or getting a driver’s license in New Mexico, you must establish proof of New Mexico Residency.
- The following documents must have the same physical address that are unexpired and valid.
- Documents can be from the same type of category, but not from the same company.
Your New Mexico Residency Documents must match your current legal name:
- It must include the suffix (example: Mrs.” and “Jr.”) if it is apart of your current legal name; and
- It may include, omit or abbreviate your middle name.
Documents That Prove New Mexico Residency
Bring Two (2) Of The Following:
***CAN NOT BE TWO DOCUMENTS FROM THE SAME COMPANY
Documents Dated within 60 Days
- Utility Bill (no cell phone bill statements are accepted)
- Bank or Credit Card Statement
- Pay Stub
- Education Institution Document (Transcript, Report Card, or Enrollment)
- City, Country, State, Tribal, or Federal Document Attesting to having Residency in New Mexico.
Documents Dated within 6 months
- Local Property Tax Statement
- Mortgage Statement
- Insurance Bill, Card, or Binder
Documents with Current Date (not expired):
- Real Property Rental or Purchase Agreement
- New Mexico Public Assistance or Medical Card, letter or printout
For Minors Under 18 Years Old (Document Needs Current Date):
- Proof Of Current Membership in a New Mexico Religious or Sports Organization Document AND Affidavit of New Mexico Residency (if under age 18 only) | Print and Fill Out: MVD 10021 | Download Form