One Quick Trip!

New Mexico Vehicle Registration or Registration Renewal

Vehicle Registration and registration renewal Services in New Mexico

MVD Now is glad to offer you quick, friendly, and efficient vehicle registration and registration renewal services! Schedule an appointment today at one of our eight locations in Albuquerque and Bernalillo. We are close to home or work, for you! Our DMV specialists are ready to help!


  • Cars
  • Trucks/SUV’s
  • RV’s and motor homes
  • Boats
  • Buses
  • Manufactured or mobile homes
  • ATV’s, dune buggies, snowmobiles, etc.
  • Motorcycles
  • Trailers

Documents Needed To Register Your Vehicle(s) in New Mexico

  • One (1) valid Driver’s License or ID for EACH person that will be on the title
  • Two (2) Proofs of New Mexico Residency (If the primary person on the Title doesn not have a NM License or ID)View list of acceptable NM Residency documents
  • One (1) passed emissions test (for all 35-year-old and newer motor vehicles in Bernalillo County Only)
  • One (1) Proof of Insurance – In New Mexico, drivers must operate their motor vehicles with a minimum of liability auto insurance. Minimum auto liability insurance amounts required in New Mexico are $25,000 for bodily injury to or death of one person, $50,000 for bodily injury to or death of two or more persons, and $10,000 for property damage in any one accident. Bring one (1) of the following:
    • Current auto insurance card
    • Copy of your current auto insurance policy
    • A letter from your auto insurance company (on company letterhead) that verifies your auto insurance coverage.
  • One (1) Vehicle Title – We recommend that you bring the original Title untouched, along with completed Bill of Sale.

One (1) Bill of Sale– Completely filled out by purchaser and seller | Print and Fill Out: MVD Form 10009 | Download Form


  • One (1) Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin– when registering a NEW vehicle, the original MCO, not a copy is required to be brought in.
  • One (1) VIN Inspection–only required for vehicles coming from out of state.
  • One (1) Dealer’s Invoice – The original invoice or a certified copy of the invoice if the vehicle was bought at a dealer.
  • One (1) Power of Attorney – Only required if someone other than the person whose name will go on the title and the registration is registering the vehicle for that person. Copy of their license is also needed.
  • One (1) Affidavit of Gift of Motor Vehicle or Boat –when doing a transfer of a vehicle or boat as a gift. Both the donor and the recipient must sign the Affidavit of Gift of Motor Vehicle or Boat and have their signatures notarized. | Print and Fill Out: MVD Form 10018 | Download Form
  • Lien Holder Information or Original Title–if the vehicle is being financed.

If the vehicle that you are registering is being financed, we need to request the Title from the finance company. The following information is needed for financed vehicles:

  • The name of the finance company
  • The fax number of the titling department of the finance company
  • The mailing address of the titling department of the finance company

Late Vehicle Registration Penalties in the state of New Mexico

New Mexico has penalties for late registration and law enforcement may pull you over. Are you late on your registration? Call 505-341-2MVD and we’ll let you know if you have to pay a penalty on top of your registration. The penalties only get greater and greater, so act fast!

New Mexico’s Vehicle Titling and Registration Service

Vehicle registration cost will depend on the year, model, and weight of your vehicle. Call your DMV specialists at 505-341-2MVD or schedule an appointment at one of our 8 MVD Now locations to get your vehicle registered. We will make sure you make one, quick trip!