New Mexico Interlock License
We’re here to help you in any way we can. If you need to acquire a New Mexico Interlock license come by MVD Now today. Call your DMV specialists at 505-341-2683 or visit any of our MVD Now locations to start the process of getting your interlock license in Albuquerque or Bernalillo. After a DUI the State of New Mexico requires driver’s licenses to be revoked for an interlock license to be issued. As part of your DWI/DUI interlock license, you’ll have an NM interlock device installed in your vehicle for a period of one (1) year. The state interlock license requires a breath-testing device (the interlock) that will require you to give a breath sample before you can start the engine. As you drive, you’ll be occasionally required to provide breath samples as well.
To obtain a New Mexico interlock license, you will need to bring the following documents:
- One (1) proof of identity | View list of acceptable documents
- One (1) proof of federal identification number (SSN)| View list of acceptable documents
- Two (2) proofs of New Mexico Residency| View list of acceptable documents
- Current ignition interlock contract (obtained through interlock provider)
- One (1) Original, notarized ‘Affidavit for Ignition Interlock’ | Print and Fill Out: MVD 10456 | Download Form
- One (1) Proof of Insurance (must be in applicant’s name or applicant must be listed as a covered driver and policy must contain VIN number). Bring one (1) of the following:
- Current auto insurance card
- Copy of your current auto insurance policy
- A letter from your auto insurance company (on company letterhead) that verifies your auto insurance coverage.
If your driver’s license has been revoked for five years or more, you will also need to do the following:
If you have lost your Social Security card, you can obtain a copy from your local Social Security office.
Link to the Social Security Administration click here.
If you have lost your birth certificate, you can obtain a copy from Dept of Vital Statistics from the state you were born in.
Link to the New Mexico Bureau of Vital Records & Health Statistics click here.
New Mexico Interlock Licensing
We’re here to help you in any way we can. If you need to acquire a New Mexico interlock license in ABQ or Bernalillo, come by MVD Now today. Call your DMV specialists at 505-341-2683 or schedule an appointment at any of our 8 MVD Now locations to start the process of getting your interlock license. Our DMV specialists are happy to help you make one, quick trip! We are here to answer every question and every uncertainty. Contact us today!