NEW MEXICO DRIVERS LICENSE testing
One Quick Trip!
New Mexico Driver’s License Testing
Are you applying for your first driver’s license and need to complete the written and road test? Is your license expired for more than 5 years and need to retest? Moved from another country and need to convert your out-of-country driver’s license? Whatever the reason may be, MVD Now is ready to help you meet the requirements for a New Mexico Drivers License.
NEW MEXICO WRITTEN DRIVER’S LICENSE TEST
The New Mexico written driver’s test is required for the following individuals:
- Anyone applying for a first-time driver license
- Anyone with a license that has been expired for one year or more
- Anyone with a current out-of-country license
You must pass the written New Mexico driver’s license test to receive a license. This test is not required if you have a current out-of-state driver’s license. The knowledge exams are available in English, Spanish, Tagalog, Italian, German, French, Vietnamese, and Chinese. Please give yourself up to 2 hours to complete the written test. If you wish to walk into our offices for the test, we recommend that you call ahead of time to ensure that the test station is available. All class D (Driver) and M (Motorcycle) written test scores must be 70% or better to pass.
DOCUMENTS YOU NEED FOR THE WRITTEN TEST
Here are the documents you or your child will need to bring to take the New Mexico driver’s license written test:
- One (1) proof of identity| View list of acceptable documents
- If you have lost your Social Security card, you can obtain a copy from your local Social Security office. Learn more about the Social Security Administration.
- If you have lost your birth certificate, you can obtain a copy from the Department of Vital Statistics from the state you were born in. Learn more about the New Mexico Bureau of Vital Records & Health Statistics.
Cost: MVD Now Service Fee ($28 + tax)
NEW MEXICO ROAD DRIVER’S LICENSE TEST
The New Mexico road driver’s license test is required for the following individuals:
- Anyone who is applying for a first-time driver’s license
- Anyone whose license has been expired over five years
This test is not required if you have a current out-of-state driver’s license. MVD Now does not administer the road test, but we do partner with Premier School of Driving to help our customers meet the requirements for their Driver’s License.
You can schedule and take your road test at Premier School Of Driving – Click on the link below!
Get your Driver’s License Testing Done!
We’re happy to help you take your New Mexico driver’s license written test at MVD Now, for that you can schedule with us or call us at 505-341-2MVD! If you’d like to schedule the road test please, call Premier School of Driving at 505-503-8468 or click on their logo above.